Is it possible to combine good environmental and economic performance in an alcohol bottle’s value chain?

3 junio, 2018 0 Por Davide Menini

Two years ago, I conducted a research thesis about how alcohol companies may combine their economic and environmental performance. Now, I am working in the industry at Pernod Ricard with a huge interest in the challenge of sustainable development. This article, will sum up the results of my vast investigation and going further with my opinion about the opportunity for wine and spirits companies to invest much more in organic spirits.

As an additional reference, I interviewed eight professionals on the subject, and complemented it with scientific and economic research papers.

After reviewing the results of my thesis, I concluded that it is not an easy matter for alcohol companies to develop a competitive advantage in sustainable development for an increased economic performance. Why?

Is it possible to combine good environmental and economic performance in an alcohol bottle’s value chain?

While interviewing the Comité Interprofessionel de Champagne, they explained that the largest contributing factor of their carbon footprint is packaging (glass and carton) with 30%. The remaining 70% is composed by 25% from transport (product shipment and champagne tourism), 20% from the core business (vineyards and liquid production), and the rest from diverse purchasing. All this is supported by their own investigation of the champagne industry.

www.linkedin.com/pulse/imagine-yourself-showing-off-organic-champagne-night-club-galliot

Interim Manage con más de venticinco años de experiencia en el sector del desarrollo de estratégias de Ventas, Marketing y Desarrollo de equipos Comerciales. Des hace 5 años trabajo el mundo del social selling y del marketing de influencers. Me muevo en muchos sectores, desde el Diy a la moda, pasadno por el turismo y las empresas de servicio. En los poryecto asumo responsabilidades como Director del Departamento Comercial o Marketing y asumiendo tareas de Marketing y Comunicación, desarrollando y ejecutando planes estratégicos de apertura de nueva cartera de clientes y desarrollando la estrategia de fidelización clientes (CRM). Con gran capacidad comunicativa, aptitud pedagógica, resolutivo y cooperativo (trabajo en equipo). MAs de 20 años de experiencia en formación en ventas y marketing. Además he trabajado Consultor Senior en instituciones públicas tales como la Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona, IQS, EUNCET, UB, Cámara de Comercio de Sabadell, Terrassa y Manresa y empresas del sector privado. He tenido el honor de ser profesor de marketing relacional en La Salle, en la Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona, y de investigación de mercados en la EUNCET y FundemiIQS. Colaboro habitualmente con el Colegio Oficial de Agentes Comerciales de Barcelona y de Barcelona Activa. Además he sido Consultor Senior de desarrollo comercial estrategico en proyectos MEDA UE (Damasco, Aleppo, Cairo) y en consorcios europeo Expero2EU y Trainet. He tenido el placer de sermiembro del equipo que ha desarrollado el sello de calidad comercial con SGS y COACB